Welcome to Discovery Education Streaming (DES)
Congratulations on your Discovery Education Streaming subscription! Susan, Adrian and Susanna are available to assist you with your needs and want to ensure that you and your staff have all the information you need to start using this wonderful resource.
Variety of Content
Discovery Education Streaming Core gives educators and students access to a wide variety of content including:
- more than 6,000 TEKS-aligned full-length videos in the areas of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education/Health
- more than 50,000 video clips
- over 1,000 editable clips
- over 1,600 titles in Spanish and other languages
- Encyclopedia Articles
- Sound Effects
- Student Board Builder
What is DES?
DES is a valuable digital resource that integrates seamlessly into your current curriculum.
With access to over 6,100 full-length videos, more than 50,000 video clips, audio files, images, simulations, ebooks, teacher resources, and professional development opportunities, Discovery Education streaming has a lot to offer first-time teacher users.
Discovery Education Products
Discovery Education offers the following products. The first are available through Region 20's Commitment System. Not sure what your district has ordered for the current year? Login to your Discovery Education Account and click on MY DE SERVICES to view.
Discovery Education Streaming - Enhancing classrooms with rich multimedia that is proven to increase student achievement, Discovery Education Streaming provides teachers and students access to a library of more than 111,000 standards-aligned digital resources that address multiple learning styles and inspire students to explore their world. Discovery Education Streaming enhances curricula and engages today’s students in learning through instructional videos, audio files, images, writing prompts, and encyclopedia articles.
|Streaming Plus - Enhancing classrooms with rich multimedia that is proven to increase student achievement, Discovery Education Streaming Plus provides teachers and students access to a library of more than 155,000 standards-aligned digital resources that address multiple learning styles and inspire students to explore their world. Available in more than half of all U.S. schools, Discovery Education Streaming PLUS enhances curriculum and engages today’s students in learning through instructional videos, skill builders, games, audio files, images, writing prompts, and encyclopedia articles.|
|Science Elementary & Middle School - Compelling, interactive digital science service drives deep interest in core science concepts
Enrich your science curricula with an up-to-date, standards-based service that includes virtual labs, explorations, literacy-building reading passages, and a real-time assessment component that monitors student progress. All resources are organized around an inquiry-based framework that addresses physical, earth, space, and life sciences designed to encourage exploration, stimulate critical thinking, and deepen students’ understanding of science.
Encourage students to think like scientists with content aligned to standards
· Take students beyond theory through engaging, practical demonstrations and investigations with virtual labs and explorations
· Demonstrate how models work and how different inputs impact an outcome through integrated science simulations
Drive deeper interest and engagement in science curriculum with videos and interactive assets
· Videos segmented into concept-level clips bring key scientific concepts to life with compelling titles and hosts including Mythbusters, Planet Earth, and Jeff Corwin
· Interactive assets bring concepts to life including Science Sleuths, Fun-damentals, and the Interactive Periodic Table
Reinforce language arts, comprehensive literacy, and mathematics skills with science content
· Extend students’ learning through an interactive glossary that provides explanations of hundreds of scientific terms via animations, text, videos, and images
· Support struggling readers and ELL students via eBooks with audio support and grade-appropriate informational science text.
· Students will learn to interpret data, draw fact-based conclusions, and practice important math skills through Virtual Labs
|Assessment - Progress Zone A first of its kind, ProgressZone combines diagnostic assessment with the power of Discovery Education’s educational videos to provide an item bank of over 60,000 items where educators can create, assign, and share remediation probes. Discovery Education STREAMING videos are recommended after each assessment result, ensuring students have access to quality remediation tools that are relevant and engaging.
· Power academic progress by helping educators quickly assess and target individual student differences
· Create, share, and assign items and probes for continuous progress monitoring and daily skill diagnosis
· Remediate with Discovery Education's digital content
· Monitor student progress throughout the year
· Analyze student performance using reports that show percent correct, item difficulty, and content mastery
The following Discovery Education products are considered Instructional Materials. See the Instructional Materials page for details and information on adoption timelines, product previews, etc.
|Social Studies Techbook|
Adrian Gutierrez, Educational Specialist
I am an Educational Specialist at ESC-20 in San Antonio, TX. As a member of the Digital Age Learning team I serve a wide array of initiatives.
STEM Coach, Health & Fitness, Educational Leadership Coaching, Mobile Learning, Online Learning
Areas of expertise:
GEAR-Tech 21 Regional Trainer, Google Educator, Mimio Certified Trainer, Promethean Certified Trainer, ELA & Reading (8-12), Speech (6-12), Tech Apps (K-12), Principalship
Susanna Clavello, Coordinator, Digital Age Learning
Coordinator, Digital Age Learning
Areas of expertise:
Instructional technology, digital resources, 21st Century Skills, interactive whiteboards, mobile learning
Susan F. Reeves, Educational Specialist
Google Certified Teacher, Discovery Educator Network STAR Discovery Educator, Edmodo Certified Trainer
Areas of expertise:
Technology integration, Web 2.0 tools, Google and Discovery Education, iPads and mobile devices, Interactive Whiteboards (SMART, Promethean and Mimio)
Miriam Martinez, Educational Specialist
Areas of expertise:
Instructional technology integration, digital resources, 21st Century Skills, mobile learning, G Suite, interactive whiteboards, Discovery Education, online education